Definitions of expand:
- verb: extend in one or more directions
Example: "The dough expands"
- verb: become larger in size or volume or quantity
Example: "His business expanded rapidly"
- verb: make bigger or wider in size, volume, or quantity
Example: "Expand the house by adding another wing"
- verb: expand the influence of
- verb: exaggerate or make bigger
- verb: grow stronger
- verb: add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing
Search for expand at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse