Definitions of explode:
- verb: burst outward, usually with noise
Example: "The champagne bottle exploded"
- verb: be unleashed; burst forth with violence or noise
Example: "His anger exploded"
- verb: cause to explode
Example: "We exploded the nuclear bomb"
- verb: show (a theory or claim) to be baseless, or refute and make obsolete
- verb: show a violent emotional reaction
Example: "The boss exploded when he heard of the resignation of the secretary"
- verb: drive from the stage by noisy disapproval
- verb: cause to burst as a result of air pressure; of stop consonants like /p/, /t/, and /k/
- verb: increase rapidly and in an uncontrolled manner
- verb: destroy by exploding
Example: "The enemy exploded the bridge"
Search for explode at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse