Definitions of extended:
- adjective: beyond the literal or primary sense
Example: "`hot off the press' shows an extended sense of `hot'"
- adjective: fully extended or stretched forth
Example: "An extended telescope"
- adjective: great in range or scope
Example: "An extended vocabulary"
- adjective: large in spatial extent or range
Example: "Extended farm lands"
- adjective: drawn out or made longer spatially
Example: "The extended airport runways can accommodate larger planes"
- adjective: relatively long in duration; tediously protracted
Example: "An extended discussion"
Search for extended at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse