Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of extension:
- noun: act of expanding in scope; making more widely available
Example: "Extension of the program to all in need"
- noun: act of stretching or straightening out a flexed limb
- noun: an educational opportunity provided by colleges and universities to people who not enrolled as regular students
- noun: an additional telephone set that is connected to the same telephone line
- noun: amount or degree or range to which something extends
Example: "The wire has an extension of 50 feet"
- noun: the ability to raise the working leg high in the air
Example: "The dancer was praised for her uncanny extension"
- noun: a string of characters beginning with a period and followed by one to three letters; the optional second part of a PC computer filename
Example: "Most applications provide extensions for the files they create"
- noun: a mutually agreed delay in the date set for the completion of a job or payment of a debt
Example: "They applied for an extension of the loan"
- noun: an addition to the length of something
- noun: the spreading of something (a belief or practice) into new regions
- noun: an addition that extends a main building
- noun: the most direct or specific meaning of a word or expression; the class of objects that an expression refers to
Example: "The extension of `satellite of Mars' is the set containing only Demos and Phobos"
Search for extension at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...