Definitions of failure:
- noun: an unexpected omission
Example: "He resented my failure to return his call"
- noun: an act that fails
Example: "His failure to pass the test"
- noun: an event that does not accomplish its intended purpose
Example: "The surprise party was a complete failure"
- noun: a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently
- noun: loss of ability to function normally
Example: "Kidney failure"
- noun: lack of success
Example: "He felt that his entire life had been a failure"
- noun: inability to discharge all your debts as they come due
Example: "Fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks"
Search for failure at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse