Definitions of familiar:
- noun: a spirit (usually in animal form) that acts as an assistant to a witch or wizard
- noun: a person attached to the household of a high official (as a pope or bishop) who renders service in return for support
- noun: a person who is frequently in the company of another
- adjective: having mutual interests or affections; of established friendship
Example: "On familiar terms"
- adjective: well known or easily recognized
Example: "A familiar figure"
- adjective: within normal everyday experience; common and ordinary; not strange
Example: "Familiar ordinary objects found in every home"
Search for familiar at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse