Definitions of feed:
- noun: food for domestic livestock
- verb: support or promote
- verb: give food to
Example: "Feed the starving children in India"
- verb: take in food; used of animals only
- verb: serve as food for; be the food for
Example: "This dish feeds six"
- verb: feed into; supply
Example: "Her success feeds her vanity"
- verb: provide as food
Example: "Feed the guests the nuts"
- verb: gratify
Example: "Feed one's eyes on a gorgeous view"
- verb: introduce continuously
Example: "Feed carrots into a food processor"
- verb: profit from in an exploitatory manner
Example: "He feeds on her insecurity"
- verb: move along, of liquids
Example: "The Missouri feeds into the Mississippi"
- verb: provide with fertilizers or add nutrients to
Search for feed at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse