Definitions of fight:
- noun: a boxing match
Example: "The fight was on television last night"
- noun: the act of fighting; any contest or struggle
Example: "A fight broke out at the hockey game"
- noun: an intense verbal dispute
Example: "A violent fight over the bill is expected in the Senate"
- noun: an aggressive willingness to compete
Example: "The team was full of fight"
- noun: a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war
- verb: make a strenuous or labored effort
- verb: be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight
Example: "Siblings are always fighting"
- verb: fight against or resist strongly
Example: "Don't fight it!"
- verb: exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for
Search for fight at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse