Definitions of formative:
- noun: minimal language unit that has a syntactic (or morphological) function
- adjective: beginning to develop
- adjective: susceptible to alteration by development and experience
Example: "Formative years"
- adjective: relating to or characterized by formative effects or formation
Example: "The formative arts"
- adjective: forming or capable of forming or molding
Example: "A formative influence"
- adjective: capable of forming new cells and tissues
Example: "A formative zone in developing bone"
Search for formative at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse