Definitions of forte:
- noun: the stronger part of a sword blade between the hilt and the foible
- noun: (music) with great loudness
- noun: an asset of special worth or utility
Example: "Cooking is his forte"
- adjective: used chiefly as a direction or description in music
Example: "The forte passages in the composition"
- adverb: used as a direction in music; to be played relatively loudly
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2864)
Search for forte at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse