Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of foundation:
- noun: lowest support of a structure
- noun: education or instruction in the fundamentals of a field of knowledge
Example: "He lacks the foundation necessary for advanced study"
- noun: an institution supported by an endowment
- noun: the basis on which something is grounded
Example: "There is little foundation for his objections"
- noun: a woman's undergarment worn to give shape to the contours of the body
- noun: the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new
Example: "The foundation of a new scientific society"
- noun: the fundamental assumptions from which something is begun or developed or calculated or explained
Search for foundation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...