Definitions of foundation:
- noun: lowest support of a structure
- noun: education or instruction in the fundamentals of a field of knowledge
Example: "He lacks the foundation necessary for advanced study"
- noun: an institution supported by an endowment
- noun: the basis on which something is grounded
Example: "There is little foundation for his objections"
- noun: a woman's undergarment worn to give shape to the contours of the body
- noun: the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new
Example: "The foundation of a new scientific society"
- noun: the fundamental assumptions from which something is begun or developed or calculated or explained
Search for foundation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse