Definitions of fresh:
- adjective: (of a cycle) beginning or occurring again
Example: "A fresh start"
- adjective: of a kind not seen before
- adjective: not soured or preserved
- adjective: with restored energy
- adjective: having recently calved and therefore able to give milk
Example: "The cow is fresh"
- adjective: improperly forward or bold
Example: "Don't be fresh with me"
- adjective: not yet used or soiled
Example: "A fresh shirt"
- adjective: not stale or old
Example: "Fresh bread"
- adjective: not canned or otherwise preserved
Example: "Fresh vegetables"
- adjective: not containing or composed of salt water
Example: "Fresh water"
- adjective: free from impurities
Example: "Fresh air"
- adjective: imparting vitality and energy
- adverb: very recently
Example: "A freshly cleaned floor"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #33798)
Search for fresh at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse