Definitions of fruit:
- noun: the consequence of some effort or action
Example: "He lived long enough to see the fruit of his policies"
- noun: the ripened reproductive body of a seed plant
- noun: an amount of a product
- verb: bear fruit
Example: "The trees fruited early this year"
- verb: cause to bear fruit
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #37994)
Search for fruit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse