Definitions of fund:
- noun: a reserve of money set aside for some purpose
- noun: a supply of something available for future use
- noun: a financial institution that sells shares to individuals and invests in securities issued by other companies
- verb: furnish money for
Example: "The government funds basic research in many areas"
- verb: accumulate a fund for the discharge of a recurrent liability
Example: "Fund a medical care plan"
- verb: invest money in government securities
- verb: provide a fund for the redemption of principal or payment of interest
- verb: place or store up in a fund for accumulation
- verb: convert (short-term floating debt) into long-term debt that bears fixed interest and is represented by bonds
Search for fund at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse