Definitions of further:
- verb: promote the growth of
- verb: contribute to the progress or growth of
- adjective: more distant in especially degree
Example: "Nothing could be further from the truth"
- adverb: to or at a greater extent or degree or a more advanced stage (`further' is used more often than `farther' in this abstract sense)
Example: "Further complicated by uncertainty about the future"
- adverb: in addition or furthermore
Example: "If we further suppose"
- adverb: to or at a greater distance in time or space (`farther' is used more frequently than `further' in this physical sense)
Example: "Went only three miles further"
Search for further at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse