Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of fuss:
- noun: an angry disturbance
Example: "He didn't want to make a fuss"
- noun: an excited state of agitation
- noun: a rapid bustling commotion
- noun: a quarrel about petty points
- verb: worry unnecessarily or excessively
Example: "Don't fuss too much over the grandchildren--they are quite big now"
- verb: care for like a mother
Example: "She fusses over her husband"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #22275)
Search for fuss at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...