Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of gas:
- noun: the state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by: relatively low density and viscosity; relatively great expansion and contraction with changes in pressure and temperature; the ability to diffuse readily; and the spontaneous tendency to become distributed uniformly throughout any container
- noun: a fluid in the gaseous state having neither independent shape nor volume and being able to expand indefinitely
- noun: a fossil fuel in the gaseous state; used for cooking and heating homes
- noun: a state of excessive gas in the alimentary canal
- noun: a volatile flammable mixture of hydrocarbons (hexane and heptane and octane etc.) derived from petroleum; used mainly as a fuel in internal-combustion engines
- noun: a pedal that controls the throttle valve
Example: "He stepped on the gas"
- verb: attack with gas; subject to gas fumes
Example: "The despot gassed the rebellious tribes"
- verb: show off
Search for gas at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...