Definitions of gate:
- noun: a door-like movable barrier in a fence or wall
- noun: a computer circuit with several inputs but only one output that can be activated by particular combinations of inputs
- noun: passageway (as in an air terminal) where passengers can embark or disembark
- noun: total admission receipts at a sports event
- verb: restrict (school boys') movement to the dormitory or campus as a means of punishment
- verb: supply with a gate
Example: "The house was gated"
- verb: control with a valve or other device that functions like a gate
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #37974)
Search for gate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse