Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of generation:
- noun: the act of producing offspring or multiplying by such production
- noun: the production of heat or electricity
Example: "Dams were built for the generation of electricity"
- noun: group of genetically related organisms constituting a single step in the line of descent
- noun: the normal time between successive generations
Example: "They had to wait a generation for that prejudice to fade"
- noun: a stage of technological development or innovation
Example: "The third generation of computers"
- noun: a coming into being
- noun: all the people living at the same time or of approximately the same age
Search for generation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...