Definitions of generation:
- noun: the act of producing offspring or multiplying by such production
- noun: the production of heat or electricity
Example: "Dams were built for the generation of electricity"
- noun: group of genetically related organisms constituting a single step in the line of descent
- noun: the normal time between successive generations
Example: "They had to wait a generation for that prejudice to fade"
- noun: a stage of technological development or innovation
Example: "The third generation of computers"
- noun: a coming into being
- noun: all the people living at the same time or of approximately the same age
Search for generation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse