Definitions of ghost:
- noun: a mental representation of some haunting experience
Example: "He looked like he had seen a ghost"
- noun: the visible disembodied soul of a dead person
- noun: a writer who gives the credit of authorship to someone else
- noun: a suggestion of some quality
Example: "He detected a ghost of a smile on her face"
- verb: write for someone else
Example: "How many books have you ghostwritten so far?"
- verb: move like a ghost
Example: "The masked men ghosted across the moonlit yard"
- verb: haunt like a ghost; pursue
Search for ghost at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse