Definitions of glad:
- adjective: showing or causing joy and pleasure; especially made happy
Example: "Glad you are here"
- adjective: (`lief' is archaic) very willing
Example: "Glad to help"
- adjective: feeling happy appreciation
Example: "Glad of the fire's warmth"
- adjective: cheerful and bright
Example: "A glad May morning"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #22256)
Search for glad at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse