Definitions of glaze:
- noun: coating for fabrics, ceramics, metal, etc.
- noun: a glossy finish on a fabric
- noun: any of various thin shiny (savory or sweet) coatings applied to foods
- verb: coat with a glaze
Example: "The potter glazed the dishes"
- verb: become glassy or take on a glass-like appearance
Example: "Her eyes glaze over when she is bored"
- verb: coat with something sweet, such as a hard sugar glaze
- verb: furnish with glass
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4531)
Search for glaze at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse