Definitions of gloomy:
- adjective: characterized by hopelessness; filled with gloom
Example: "Gloomy at the thought of what he had to face"
- adjective: depressingly dark
Example: "The gloomy forest"
- adjective: reflecting gloom
Example: "Gloomy faces"
- adjective: causing or suggestive of sorrow or gloom
Example: "A gloomy outlook"
- adjective: depressing in character or appearance
Example: "Gloomy tenements"
- adjective: causing dejection
Example: "A dark gloomy day"
Search for gloomy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse