Definitions of gossip:
- noun: a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people
Example: "The divorce caused much gossip"
- noun: a person given to gossiping and divulging personal information about others
- noun: light informal conversation for social occasions
- verb: talk socially without exchanging too much information
- verb: wag one's tongue; speak about others and reveal secrets or intimacies
Search for gossip at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...