Synonyms / Related
Definitions of gouge:
- noun: the act of gouging
- noun: and edge tool with a blade like a trough for cutting channels or grooves
- noun: an impression in a surface (as made by a blow)
- verb: force with the thumb
Example: "Gouge out his eyes"
- verb: make a groove in
- verb: obtain by coercion or intimidation
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #8927)
Search for gouge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...