Definitions of grind:
- noun: the act of grinding to a powder or dust
- noun: an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or studying excessively
- noun: hard monotonous routine work
- verb: dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced
- verb: reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading
Example: "Grind the spices in a mortar"
- verb: make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together
- verb: press or grind with a crunching noise
- verb: work hard
Search for grind at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse