Definitions of gross:
- noun: the entire amount of income before any deductions are made
- noun: twelve dozen
- verb: earn before taxes, expenses, etc.
- adjective: before any deductions
Example: "Gross income"
- adjective: repellently fat
- adjective: of general aspects or broad distinctions
Example: "The gross details of the structure appear reasonable"
- adjective: visible to the naked eye (especially of rocks and anatomical features)
- adjective: conspicuously and tastelessly indecent
Example: "A revoltingly gross expletive"
- adjective: conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible
Example: "Gross ineptitude"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 3703 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #416)
Search for gross at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...