Definitions of grow:
- verb: become larger, greater, or bigger; expand or gain
- verb: increase in size by natural process
Example: "Corn doesn't grow here"
- verb: cause to grow or develop
Example: "He grows vegetables in his backyard"
- verb: become attached by or as if by the process of growth
Example: "The tree trunks had grown together"
- verb: come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
- verb: cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques
Example: "We grow wheat here"
- verb: grow emotionally or mature
- verb: pass into a condition gradually, take on a specific property or attribute; become
- verb: develop and reach maturity; undergo maturation
- verb: come into existence; take on form or shape
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6264)
Search for grow at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse