Definitions of guess:
- noun: an estimate based on little or no information
- noun: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
- verb: guess correctly; solve by guessing
Example: "He guessed the right number of beans in the jar and won the prize"
- verb: put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation
Example: "I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"
- verb: judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time)
- verb: expect, believe, or suppose
Example: "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4499)
Search for guess at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse