Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of guy:
- noun: a rope or cable that is used to brace something (especially a tent)
- noun: an effigy of Guy Fawkes that is burned on a bonfire on Guy Fawkes Day
- noun: an informal term for a youth or man
Example: "A nice guy"
- verb: steady or support with with a guy wire or cable
Example: "The Italians guyed the Tower of Pisa to prevent it from collapsing"
- verb: subject to laughter or ridicule
- name: A male given name (common: 1 in 1666 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #252)
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 7142 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #876)
Search for guy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...