Definitions of handle:
- noun: the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it
Example: "He grabbed the hammer by the handle"
- verb: touch, lift, or hold with the hands
Example: "Don't handle the merchandise"
- verb: show and train
Example: "The prize-winning poodle was handled by Mrs. Priscilla Prescott"
- verb: interact in a certain way
Example: "Handle the press reporters gently"
- verb: handle effectively
- verb: deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression
- verb: be in charge of, act on, or dispose of
Example: "This blender can't handle nuts"
Search for handle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse