Definitions of Hardy:
- noun: English novelist and poet (1840-1928)
- noun: United States slapstick comedian who played the pompous and overbearing member of the Laurel and Hardy duo who made many films (1892-1957)
- adjective: having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships
Example: "Hardy explorers of northern Canada"
- adjective: able to survive under unfavorable conditions
Example: "Strawberries are hardy and easy to grow"
- adjective: resolute and without fear
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 2857 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #310)
Search for Hardy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse