Definitions of harmonic:
- noun: a tone that is a component of a complex sound
- adjective: of or relating to harmony as distinct from melody and rhythm
Example: "Subtleties of harmonic change and tonality- Ralph Hill"
- adjective: of or relating to the branch of acoustics that studies the composition of musical sounds
Example: "The sound of the resonating cavity cannot be the only determinant of the harmonic response"
- adjective: relating to vibrations that occur as a result of vibrations in a nearby body
- adjective: involving or characterized by harmony
Search for harmonic at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse