Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of have:
- noun: a person who possesses great material wealth
- verb: have or possess, either in a concrete or an abstract sense
- verb: have left
Example: "I have two years left"
- verb: achieve a point or goal
- verb: have a personal or business relationship with someone
Example: "Have a postdoc"
- verb: have as a feature
- verb: be confronted with
Example: "What do we have here?"
- verb: suffer from; be ill with
- verb: undergo
- verb: have ownership or possession of
Example: "How many cars does she have?"
- verb: get something; come into possession of
- verb: have sex with; archaic use
- verb: of mental or physical states or experiences
Example: "Have a feeling"
- verb: receive willingly something given or offered
Example: "The only girl who would have him was the miller's daughter"
- verb: undergo (as of injuries and illnesses)
- verb: cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition
- verb: organize or be responsible for
Example: "Have, throw, or make a party"
- verb: cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
- verb: give birth (to a newborn)
- verb: serve oneself to, or consume regularly
Example: "Have another bowl of chicken soup!"
Search for have at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse