Definitions of headlong:
- adjective: excessively quick
Example: "A headlong rush to sell"
- adjective: with the head foremost
Example: "A headlong dive into the pool"
- adverb: with the head foremost
Example: "The runner slid headlong into third base"
- adverb: in a hasty and foolhardy manner
Example: "He fell headlong in love with his cousin"
- adverb: at breakneck speed
Example: "Burst headlong through the gate"
Search for headlong at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse