Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of heel:
- noun: the bottom of a shoe or boot; the back part of a shoe or boot that touches the ground
- noun: (golf) the part of the clubhead where it joins the shaft
- noun: the lower end of a ship's mast
- noun: the back part of the human foot
- noun: one of the crusty ends of a loaf of bread
- noun: the piece of leather that fits the heel
- noun: someone who is morally reprehensible
- verb: put a new heel on
Example: "Heel shoes"
- verb: strike with the heel of the club
Example: "Heel a golf ball"
- verb: perform with the heels
Example: "Heel that dance"
- verb: follow at the heels of a person
- verb: tilt to one side
Example: "The balloon heeled over"
Search for heel at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...