Definitions of history:
- noun: the discipline that records and interprets past events involving human beings
Example: "He teaches Medieval history"
- noun: all that is remembered of the past as preserved in writing; a body of knowledge
Example: "The dawn of recorded history"
- noun: a record or narrative description of past events
Example: "A history of France"
- noun: the aggregate of past events
Example: "A critical time in the school's history"
- noun: the continuum of events occurring in succession leading from the past to the present and even into the future
Example: "All of human history"
Search for history at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse