Definitions of hobble:
- noun: the uneven manner of walking that results from an injured leg
- noun: a shackle for the ankles or feet
- verb: hamper the action or progress of
Example: "The chairman was hobbled by the all-powerful dean"
- verb: strap the foreleg and hind leg together on each side (of a horse) in order to keep the like-sided legs moving in unison
Example: "Hobble race horses"
- verb: walk impeded by some physical limitation or injury
Example: "The old woman hobbles down to the store every day"
Search for hobble at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia