Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of Hollywood:
- noun: the film industry of the United States
- noun: a district of Los Angeles long associated with the American film industry
- noun: a flashy vulgar tone or atmosphere believed to be characteristic of the American film industry
Example: "Some people in publishing think of theirs as a glamorous medium so they copy the glitter of Hollywood"
- adjective: of or relating to the film industry in the United States
Example: "A Hollywood actor"
- adjective: flashy and vulgar
Example: "Young white women dressed Hollywood style"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #40449)
Search for Hollywood at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...