Definitions of hoot:
- noun: a loud raucous cry (as of an owl)
- noun: a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
- noun: something of little value
- verb: to utter a loud clamorous shout
Example: "The toughs and blades of the city hoot and bang their drums, drink arak, play dice, and dance"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #51301)
Search for hoot at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse