Definitions of hop:
- noun: the act of hopping; jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)
- noun: an informal dance where popular music is played
- noun: twining perennials having cordate leaves and flowers arranged in conelike spikes; the dried flowers of this plant are used in brewing to add the characteristic bitter taste to beer
- verb: make a jump forward or upward
- verb: jump across
Example: "He hopped the bush"
- verb: make a quick trip especially by air
Example: "Hop the Pacific Ocean"
- verb: move quickly from one place to another
- verb: informal: travel by means of an aircraft, bus, etc.
Example: "She hopped a train to Chicago"
- verb: jump lightly
Search for hop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse