Definitions of hostile:
- adjective: very unfavorable to life or growth
Example: "A hostile climate"
- adjective: characterized by enmity or ill will
Example: "A hostile nation"
- adjective: impossible to bring into friendly accord
Example: "Hostile factions"
- adjective: used of attempts to buy or take control of a business
Example: "Hostile takeover"
- adjective: marked by features that oppose constructive treatment or development
Example: "Not able to accomplish much in such a hostile environment"
- adjective: very unfriendly
Example: "A hostile attitude"
- adjective: not belonging to your own country's forces or those of an ally
Example: "Hostile naval and air forces"
Search for hostile at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse