Definitions of hot:
- adjective: used of physical heat; having a high or higher than desirable temperature or giving off heat or feeling or causing a sensation of heat or burning
Example: "Hot stove"
- adjective: extended meanings; especially of psychological heat; marked by intensity or vehemence especially of passion or enthusiasm
Example: "A hot temper"
- adjective: recently stolen or smuggled
Example: "Hot merchandise"
- adjective: having or bringing unusually good luck
Example: "Hot at craps"
- adjective: newest or most recent
Example: "News hot off the press"
- adjective: very unpleasant or even dangerous
Example: "Make it hot for him"
- adjective: very popular or successful
Example: "One of the hot young talents"
- adjective: sexually excited or exciting
Example: "Was hot for her"
- adjective: performed or performing with unusually great skill and daring and energy
Example: "A hot drummer"
- adjective: characterized by violent and forceful activity or movement; very intense
Example: "The fighting became hot and heavy"
- adjective: wanted by the police
Example: "A hot suspect"
- adjective: (color) bold and intense
Example: "Hot pink"
- adjective: marked by excited activity
Example: "A hot week on the stock market"
- adjective: charged or energized with electricity
Example: "A hot wire"
- adjective: having or dealing with dangerously high levels of radioactivity
Example: "Hot fuel rods"
- adjective: having or showing great eagerness or enthusiasm
Example: "Hot for travel"
- adjective: capable of quick response and great speed
Example: "A hot sports car"
- adjective: newly made
Example: "A hot scent"
- adjective: very good; often used in the negative
Example: "He's hot at math but not so hot at history"
- adjective: having a piquant burning taste of spices or peppers
Example: "Hot peppers"
- adjective: of a seeker; near to the object sought
Example: "Hot on the trail"
- adjective: very fast
Example: "Got off to a hot start"
Search for hot at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse