Definitions of hurt:
- noun: a damage or loss
- noun: feelings of mental or physical pain
- noun: psychological suffering
- noun: any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc.
- noun: the act of damaging something or someone
- verb: feel physical pain
Example: "Were you hurting after the accident?"
- verb: cause damage or affect negatively
Example: "Our business was hurt by the new competition"
- verb: give trouble or pain to
Example: "This exercise will hurt your back"
- verb: hurt the feelings of
Example: "She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"
- verb: feel pain or be in pain
- verb: be the source of pain
- verb: cause emotional anguish or make miserable
- adjective: suffering from physical injury especially that suffered in battle
Example: "Ambulances...for the hurt men and women"
- adjective: used of inanimate objects or their value
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 10000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1234)
Search for hurt at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...