Definitions of image:
- noun: an iconic mental representation
Example: "Her imagination forced images upon her too awful to contemplate"
- noun: a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture)
Example: "The emperor's tomb had his image carved in stone"
- noun: a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface
Example: "A movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
- noun: (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world
Example: "A public image is as fragile as Humpty Dumpty"
- noun: someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor)
Example: "She's the very image of her mother"
- noun: a standard or typical example
Example: "He provided America with an image of the good father"
- noun: language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense
- verb: imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind
Search for image at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse