Definitions of import:
- noun: commodities (goods or services) bought from a foreign country
- noun: an imported person brought from a foreign country
Example: "The lead role was played by an import from Sweden"
- noun: having important effects or influence
- noun: a meaning that is not expressly stated but can be inferred
- noun: the message that is intended or expressed or signified
Example: "The import of his announcement was ambigtuous"
- verb: bring in from abroad
- verb: indicate or signify
Search for import at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse