Definitions of indent:
- noun: an order for goods to be exported or imported
- noun: the space left between the margin and the start of an indented line
- verb: notch the edge of or make jagged
- verb: make a depression into
- verb: cut or tear along an irregular line so that the parts can later be matched for authentication
Example: "Indent the documents"
- verb: set in from the margin
Example: "Indent the paragraphs of a letter"
- verb: bind by or as if by indentures, as of an apprentice or servant
Example: "An indentured servant"
Search for indent at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia