Definitions of Indian:
- noun: a member of the race of people living in North America when Europeans arrived
- noun: a native or inhabitant of India
- noun: any of the languages spoken by Amerindians
- adjective: of or pertaining to American Indians or their culture or languages
Example: "Indian arrowheads"
- adjective: of or relating to or characteristic of India or the East Indies or their peoples or languages or cultures
Example: "The Indian subcontinent"
Search for Indian at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse